Monday, September 13, 2010

Sweet momment

The other night we went to have dinner with Chuck at the hospital. Chuck had to go talk with a patient's mother so the kids wanted to go play while we waited. When we got off the elevator Audrey stopped, stretched out her hand to Carter and said, "hand." She wanted to hold her bother's hand to walk down the hallway and he sweetly obliged. Every time we got off an elevator that night she would stop and ask for Carter's hand. I just thought it was so cute.
My little cuties holding hands
The benefit of Chuck now being at children's hospital is all the toys Flashing mommy a smile out the window of the play houseAudrey loves the little slide on this tree house
Here's the reason why it took me so long to catch up with the blog.
I had a bad break out of eczema on my hands and while we were in WI my left hand ended up getting infected. Chuck was able to get me some antibiotics and it cleared up. Shortly after getting back home the infection returned. This time in both hands. Chuck was worried I was going to have to be hospitalized for IV antibiotics. I got on a different antibiotic and was soft splinted all day. Luckily, Chuck was post call so he could take care of the kids. Now I just have to keep dressings on the open sores. It's still a bit of a pain but at least I didn't end up in the hospital and can use my hands now. I see the dermatologist Tue. to see what we need to do to keep this from happening again. My poor tired husband is worn out after working 100 hours, taking care of me, the kids & the house this week! We love you! :)

1 comment:

  1. You look so pitiful :( Glad your hands are doing better! Thanks again for watching Shelby!

    ReplyDelete