Wednesday, June 8, 2011

crib go bye-bye

Well we did it! Last weekend we made the switch from nursery to big girl room. Audrey was so excited to see a big girl bed and immediately claimed it as "mine!" It's very bittersweet for me. That room has been a nursery for 5 years now. It's going to take some time to adjust seeing the crib and glider gone. The kids are growing up too fast. People warn you about it but you just don't realize how quickly it really does go by. Anyway, Audrey loves having a bed and we even find Carter reading in it.
Carter saw me bring the camera in the room and snuck into the picture. Little miss now has a full size bed all to herself. I love the comforter because it'll grow with her.
As soon as the bed was made Audrey decided it was time to jump on it. She sang no more monkeys jumping on the bed the whole time she jumped :)
She was most excited about the princess sheets. She didn't want me to put the comforter on because she didn't want them covered up. The kids are pretending to be asleep in this picture.
This is how she really fell asleep that night. How precious! Baby Stella slept on the other pillow. That night while we read books she kept telling me, "Crib go bye-bye. Big girl bed now."

There's still more work to be done. The rug didn't come in yet and I'm not done with the pictures for over the headboard. It's fun to see it all coming together though. Our baby girl is getting so big!

3 comments:

  1. That comforter is adorable! Where did you find it?? Claire has the same princess sheets (of course). I agree, it is very bittersweet not to have a crib around. I love her angelic sleeping pose and that baby Stella has her own pillow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Target! It was only available on-line. I love that Claire has the same sheets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad!!! You did do a great job with her room though, I love that it's not baby-ish and will grow with her.

    ReplyDelete