Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkin Farm

Last week Chuck & I went up to Grand Rapids, MI for an interview. Grandma came down to watch the kids so that was an added bonus. We had a really good time but unfortunately, I didn't manage to take any pictures. The city was nice and the practice set up is great. While Chuck interviewed I got a personal tour of the city and different neighborhoods. A huge thank you to Nicole for showing me around and taking me out to lunch! I have to warn everyone that there's a real good chance we may end up in Grand Rapids and not Milwaukee.

We got home Friday night and Chuck had off the rest of the weekend. We had a gorgeous fall day Saturday so we took the kids to the pumpkin farm. It's always a fun time. Here's a bunch of pics.
The kids in the wagon ready for the hayride out to the patch
Posing with the pumpkins they picked out and the sunflowersCarter always takes his time finding the perfect pumpkin. He was very excited about the one he found this year. Now he keeps asking to carve it.Audrey wanted nothing to do with the big pumpkins. She was on a mission to find a baby pumpkin. She kept saying, "I need a tiny one like me." Carter was so sweet and found this little one for her. He handed it to her and said, "Here sweetheart. This is a baby one for you. I found it." So precious! Audrey's making a goofy face because she's giving it a squeeze hug.
Tough guy
The inflatable play area is always a hit. They kept this one for kids 2 & under. It was nice not having to worry about her getting trampled by the big kids. I can't count how many times Carter went down the big slide. Audrey even went down the big slide. Carter was protective of her while she climbed up. If other kids would get too close he would climb back down and go behind her so the others couldn't push her.The kids always finish the trip to the pumpkin farm with a slushy. Orange for CarterRed for Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment