Monday, July 2, 2012

GRADUATION!!!!

Before I knew it my month of being a single mom in a new city was over.  It was time for me to fly back down to the 'ham for Chuck's graduation dinner!  We stayed at the historic Tutwiler Hotel which allowed us to walk over to the Summit Club for his dinner.  It was a good turn out and dinner was delicious.  The attendings and other fellows did a great job roasting him.  Although, I must admit they were pretty complimentary for it being a roast.  I didn't take many pictures because they had a photographer taking pictures all night.  They are going to get us a copy of the cd so I can do another post when we get it.  The surprise of the night was that the group got Chuck a new Taylor Made 3 wood.  It was the perfect gift now that he'll actually have time to golf.  I am so incredibly proud of my hubby for accomplishing his dream.  It was a long road but we made it!  After 4 years of medical school, 7 years of general surgery & research and 2 years of fellowship we are done!  We are so excited for the future and starting the next phase of our lives.
 Chuck and his junior fellow Dave.  They are going to be life long friends.  I missed getting a picture of Chuck with Vince (the endo fellow) he had to get back to the hospital.  Chuck was fortunate to have 2 great fellows to work with this year and will certainly be friends with these guys for years to come.
 With Kristy one of the OR nurses that was so sweet to throw us a surprise shower before we left.  Chuck really enjoyed working with her over the last couple of years.  Everyone kept telling me how much they are going to miss him.
 Kristy and me.  My big belly is taking over the picture :)
Saturday was Chuck's first official day of getting some R&R.  We went out to Uncle Brent & Aunt Janis' lake house for the day.  It was a nice hot day for it so the water felt great.  We had a great time relaxing out there.  Chuck got some fishing in with Brent.  That night Karen & George treated us to dinner at Hot and Hot Fish Club.  It's one of our favorite restaurants in Birmingham so it was a treat to be able to eat there one more time.  I was going to have our server take a picture of us but I got distracted when the chef stopped and chatted with us.

Sunday, I flew back up to Peoria and Chuck played 2 rounds of golf in Birmingham with the guys.  Grandma Debbie drove down to watch the kids for us and they had a great time together.  They were excited to see me but I think it was because they knew that meant Daddy was coming home the next day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment