Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ballerina Birthday Party

 Audrey wanted a ballerina birthday party this year and I had fun throwing one.  I was surprised there wasn't much to find in stores for a ballet theme so I ordered whatever I could find online including: bendable ballerinas, ballet slipper suckers, pink ribbon wands, personalized tags and I made pink Hershey kiss roses.
 I had tiaras and tutus for the girls and bow ties and top hats for the boys
 I wasn't sure if there would be enough cake for all the parents that stayed (the studio was ordering the cake) so I made strawberry cupcakes and decorated them with ballerinas
 My beautiful ballerina birthday girl
 I tried to get a picture of all three but Evelyn was already tired and not cooperating.
 Audrey's buddies Piper and Brea
 The studio had the table all set up by the time we arrived.  I just had to set out the roses and goody bags
 They started with stretches
 Evelyn watched from the doorway.
 They learned a cute short dance
 I was impressed with how well they all picked it up and really got into it
 One of her friends asked her mom if she wrote down all the moves so she could practice at home.  Too cute!
 Wheelbarrow races
 ready for cake
 All of her friends sitting at the table
 They turned off the lights when they brought the cake in and to sing
 She got to keep the ballerina figurines on the cake.  She loved her chocolate cake!
 They went up to the loft to open presents.  We got a group picture on the big pink couch
Audrey got a special chair to sit in to open presents.
Audrey had a great time with her party.  It was the perfect theme for her.  The kids all had fun with it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment