Sunday, October 26, 2014

First day of school

 August 15th was the first day of school this year!  Not only was it earlier but it was a Friday.  I think that is the worst day to go back to school.  Anyway, the kids were excited to start.  I made them a K and 3 pancake for breakfast.
 They wanted a picture together
 My kindergartner and third grader
 My monkey is already in third grade!  He's getting so big!
 I don't think she could have been any more excited to finally get to go to Kindergarten.  Her excitement made it easier to hold off on the emotions until she was on the bus.
 Playing in the driveway while waiting for the bus.
 They were being so cute!
 Audrey's only sign of nerves was when the bus pulled up and opened the door.  She glanced back at me with a nervous look on her face.  Thank goodness Carter is on the bus with her and she was ok following him on.  I didn't think I would get emotional since I've been down this road before with Carter.  Boy was I wrong!  Chuck called to see how it went when I got back in the house and I lost it.  I was always one of those people that thought it was so funny that parents cried on the first day of Kindergarten and said I wouldn't be one of those.  Ha!  Never say never.  It certainly didn't help that Evelyn missed them terribly.  I can't even tell you how many times she asked for them that day :(
 Don't get me wrong.  I enjoyed having the one on one time with Evelyn.  We had all sorts of fun together that day.  Including one of her favorites, nail painting.
We also practiced holding 2 fingers up for her up coming birthday.
I of course knew she was in good hands.  We absolutely love their school and teachers and we have a fabulous bus driver.  Both Carter and Audrey came running off the bus all smiles and wanting to tell me all about their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment