Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tis the season

 In December our Elf Ernie comes back from the North Pole.  The kids love finding where he is every morning and seeing if he got into any trouble.  We don't go crazy with our elf like some families do.  There are nights we are lucky if we even remember to move him!  This particular night was a weekend so we had time to have some fun with him.
 The beginning of December also brings St. Nick!  The kids were most excited to find Olaf marshmallows on a stick. Too bad they didn't taste as good as they looked.
 Our household has yet to escape the bugs that come with December. :(  This year it started with Audrey.  Evelyn was concerned and kept feeling her forehead and covering her up with a blanket.  The funniest was watching her impression of her throwing up.
As much as I tried to keep Evelyn away from Audrey she ended up sick.  This time it was Audrey tucking Evelyn in.  She also brought her her babies, sippy cup and bucket.  Unfortunetely, it was the weekend I was supposed to take Carter & Audrey to the Nutcracker.  I cancelled the baby sitter because I didn't want her to get sick and Chuck was on call.
 I tried to give away the tickets.  By then everyone pretty much already had tickets so we didn't have any takers.  Chuck got home and we decided to chance it and I took them.  I had my phone on vibrate in my hand the whole time in case Chuck got called in and we had to leave.
 Luckily, Chuck only had to handle phone calls and we were able to stay.  I even stopped for a sweet treat on our way home.  It was a great afternoon with these two munchkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment