Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Hobbie?

First, here's a couple pics of the kids so it's not just a post about what I've been up to :)
The munchkins have been doing a lot of coloring lately. It's so cute to see them sit so nicely at the table together. They are always so proud to show me their works of art when they're done.
It's finally cooling down in the morning and evenings. We stopped at the park on our way home from Audrey's 18 mos. check up the other morning. Don't let the zip ups and pants fool you. By the time we got home I had to change them into shorts & t-shirts. This pic is the best I could do for miss ants in her pants.
Carter playing in the dirt with the trucks
I got a sewing machine for my b-day from my in-laws (I also got a real pretty bracelet). It wasn't long before I went out to the fabric store to get some scraps and other supplies to make some appliques. Audrey had this plain shirt for layering. The perfect guinea pig for the first attempt. If I screw up an undershirt, no big deal. Well, I did. It was not a good idea to try a fancy letter with the particular stitch I chose for the first time. Plus, I was rushing because we were about to leave for dinner.
Carter wanted a shirt with his initial on it so I found a t-shirt of his I could mess up. This time I picked a better stitch but I still had to get used to how this machine works. There is also a spot that Audrey pressed the reverse on me :) She's a sneaky little one.
Next, I took on a pumpkin shirt for Audrey. This went much better now that I'm getting used to the machine. I still need more practice but it's wearable. I also added the orange ribbon under the ruffle. Now Chuck wants me to make him some Packer scrub caps.

1 comment:

  1. sweet shirts! that is an awesome hobby to get into -- i didn't know you sewed. you should make a candy corn shirt for carter to match audrey's pumpkin; or you can make a scarf or something with an H on it for me anytime :)

    ReplyDelete