Monday, August 27, 2012

Evelyn Ann

 We've had a crazy summer with a lot of unexepected things happen.  Naturally, that's how Evelyn's arrival was too.  We had an induction planned for Monday (today) and my sister Angela was going to be here to help with the kids.  Evelyn had other plans.  Last Tuesday right as I was cleaning up from dinner I all of a sudden started to have contractions.  That was around 6:45pm.  Chuck immediately went into panic mode and had me get my bag and get in the car.  While I was getting ready to go he called his coworker Beth to come watch the kids.  Luckily, she was home and lives close and got here quickly.  We got to the hospital fast thanks to Chuck speeding :)  I was checked in shortly after 7 and was already dialated 7cm!  The staff was aware of my history of delivering fast so they were great about moving everything along.  My doctor made it just in time and she was out by 8:24.
Evelyn is our biggest baby.  8 lbs 5.9 oz!  We were so surprised to hear the weight.  Especially since just a few days before they were estimating her weight at 7 lbs 5 oz.  She's 18 in long.  It was nice beacuse we were home by lunch Thursday.  Now we are adusting to life with 3!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously can't wrap my head around how fast you deliver babies. It took me over 24 hours and I'm so jealous. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete