Sunday, August 30, 2015

Ballet recital

The first weekend in June Audrey had her ballet recital.  I chaperoned her class again this year.  There's never a dull moment back stage and a few of the girls proved to be a handful.
 Audrey's class ready to rehearse.  They were the lucky recipients of the worst/ugliest costume.
 They also got to dance with a clashing umbrella.  A blue or pink one would have looked much better.
 It was hard to get pictures during rehearsal because the lighting wasn't great.  As you probably already guessed, they danced to Singing in the Rain.
 I managed to get a few cute ones.
 This was the first year they danced all over the stage and not just in a straight line.
After a successful rehearsal she was ready for the recital.
 This year she only had one dance.  It was the first year that ballet and tap are separate classes.  I made her choose between ballet and tumbling or ballet and tap.  She chose ballet and tumbling.
 Proud of my ballerina
 Tita Angela came to watch again.  Audrey loves the extra attention.

 We brought roses for our friends that also take at Peoria Ballet.  Here she is with Gloria who also brought a rose for Audrey.
 Lily and Audrey are the same age but Lily was in the Saturday class.  They are in the same Sunday school class at church.
 Audrey and her new friend Maya.
 Showtime!
 The lighting the night of the recital was better but I had a big head in the way of my pictures.
 My cutie!
 She did great!
 I caught the girls getting a group hug after the performance from their sweet teacher.
 I missed getting a picture of these two when Audrey gave her a rose.  Audrey and Kate have so much fun together.  I wish we could get these two together more often.
I couldn't have asked for a better person to chaperone with.  Aparna and I met through the Medical Alliance and she has turned into one of my good friends here.  We were lucky to share a table together backstage.
 We treated our ballerina to ice cream on the way home.
 Audrey requested a picture with all of her roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment