Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Nutcracker

 Audrey was cast as one of the 4 pages in the Nutcracker.  It's the first year she was eligible to audition.  It's quite the time commitment so I wasn't sure about it.  Well, Audrey decided for me. Before we even knew what part she got she came home from school saying, "I told all my friends I'm in the Nutcracker!"
 She loved every minute of it.  Here she is backstage ready for the first dress rehearsal at the Civic Center.
 All 4 pages
 Love my ballerina.  I think she liked the one on one time with me on the nights I chaperoned.
The girls were so good about keeping themselves entertained in the dressing room. 
 She loved being on the big stage.
 Theater week was exciting but busy.  We were at the Civic Center every night that week.
 They also did 2 school performances Thursday.

 The neat part about her role is that she got to stay on stage with Marie and the Prince.
 She got to see almost all of the second half up close.
 Her favorite part was that she got to go under Mother Ginger's dress to get off stage. 
 All those late rehearsals wears a ballerina out

No comments:

Post a Comment